Summary of the Role
Coming from a Financial Services background, the successful candidate will have significant technical experience across a broad range of Application and Development technology stacks.
Working with the IT Strategy & Architecture team you will engage in early, high level design to drive out delivery of technical strategy that is aligned to Enterprise Architecture principles and ensures fit-for-purpose technologies are employed.
You will act as a liaison between the technology and business teams, translating tech speak into simple business terms, allowing you to successfully support and influence senior business leaders.
The strength of your technical knowledge will allow you to bring an independent, innovative and objective perspective to the area, driving the strategic direction of the overall application estate while exploring the marketplace for specific options to solve the business needs.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Work closely with senior Technology management in the formation of a market-leading Solutions Architecture capability to service internal and external consumers of the company’s IT banking services.
- Lead the overall IT application integration direction and take accountability for the key technical design decisions for the area.
- Encourage re-use and optimisation of existing solutions before embarking on new build. Validate the technical design approach employing suitable processes to carry this out.
- Take a lead role in identifying, selecting and aligning the services of the team with supporting tools, frameworks, processes, policies and standards that assist in the commoditisation of the provision of services to our Customers.
- Devise innovative approaches for delivering tailored results leveraging your technical competency and industry knowledge.
- Establish & develop strong professional relationships with senior colleagues and stakeholders.
- Anticipate and resolve production and project issues. Diplomatically and professionally engage with Stakeholders and communicate resolution measures.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in a Financial Services organisation with a diverse technology landscape.
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence in your technical knowledge that allows you to communicate with both technical and business stakeholders at all levels.
- Ideally, operational and practical experience of Banking IT service provision within a solutions architect role including knowledge of
- Associated business and technical operations e.g. Mortgages, Credit, Finance, Treasury, Risk, Core Banking (Retail), other Banking Application Suites, etc …
- Enterprise Application Integration and Migration Techniques
- Strategic IT design with a broad understanding of Application, Information and Infrastructure lifecycles, technologies and of best-practices in software development and service management.
What else should you demonstrate?
As part of the selection process, the successful applicant will be expected to demonstrate the behaviours and ability in the professional and technical competencies reflected below:
Please note that the competencies will only be asked at interview stage.
- Strategic Thinking and Commercial Acumen – Harnesses resources to deliver on longer term goals, manages resistance and setbacks as they arise
- Results Focus – Maintains absolute focus, provides clarity and energy, compares and contrasts individual and team performance to drive business goals
- Communication and Influencing – Effectively utilises a wide range of communication and direct and indirect influencing techniques
- Leadership – Inspires commitment from a range of teams, brings complex matters to conclusion, regularly demonstrates unique insight
- Technical competency – A seasoned IT professional with solution design experience, ensuring that IT architectural principles are maintained with a focus on strategic direction taken into account.
|Job Category||Senior Appointments, Software Development|