Project Manager – IT Innovation
PROJECT MANAGER – IT INNOVATION
This company’s IT Innovation team works to drive and develop Innovation initiatives across the company globally. They work on delivering new initiatives in the Telematics, Health, IoT and Assistance areas and are at the forefront of integrating emerging technologies. Together with marketing and business teams, they develop new products, new lines of business or introduce new technologies and digitalization into the company’s global business model.
As an IT Project Manager, you will:
– Have overall responsibility for project delivery, within budget, scope , quality and time.
– Work with all stakeholders, based locally and across the globe, to produce (& execute) IT project plans which identify the scope, deliverables, resources & budget needs.
– Coordinate & manage all IT roles, tasks & deliverables during the projects lifecycle.
– Ensure the projects you manage comply with agreed internal design standards.
– Own the projects IT commercials, agreeing initial budget & funding and tracking actual cost to ensure no overruns.
– Manage change control in projects and ensuring implications known and are agreed.
– Fully track, understand & closely manage all project risk and issues – driving mitigations, resolution or escalations as required.
– Pro-actively manage IT vendors & 3rd Parties to ensure on time, on quality, on cost delivery.
– Support and drive the operational and architectural discussions with business owners, internal IT teams and any IT vendors.
– Have responsibility to concurrently deliver IT Innovation projects across a range of domains.
– Manage dependencies across all the project streams, both business and technology.
– Produce accurate and concise reports to all project stakeholders on a regular basis.
– Embrace change and continuous improvement.
– 7-10 years of IT Project Management experience in the insurance / financial services area.
– Excellent project planning & project delivery skills, including multi-project coordination skills.
– A proven track record of delivering IT projects at a global scale working with multiple stakeholders.
– Technically capable & comfortable with managing the delivery of technology centric projects.
– Excellent communication skills with a strong focus on delivery & stakeholder management – – role has a high level of global engagement.
– Experience of working with IT & business teams who deliver using Agile or iterative approaches.
– Pragmatic and creative skills in issue resolution.
– Excellent time management & self-organisation skills.
– Excellent written & verbal skills in English.
– University degree in Business Management and/or Information Technology.
– Ability to travel will be required (up to 10%).
DESIRED REQUIREMENTS /SKILLS /EXPERIENCE:
– Solution & deliver orientated with excellent follow through & a strong sense of urgency.
– Strong conceptual abilities with focus on implementation of pragmatic, yet viable, solutions.
– Experience in delivering products or services in emerging business or technology areas.
– One of the following certifications: PMP / PRINCE 2
– Openness to new ideas and continual change.
– Ability to learn, flexibility, willingness to innovate.
– Team player mentality – focus on collaborative engagement.
|Job Category||Project Management|
|Salary||€70K - €75K|